Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ small onion
- 10 ounces spinach
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Lemon for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut open chicken breasts lengthwise, wide enough to create a pocket for stuffing.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Toss in spinach, herbs and seasonings. Sauté for about 5 minutes until spinach and parsley are wilted. Remove from heat and drain off any additional liquid. Stir in the feta cheese.
4. Using a spoon, stuff the chicken breasts with the spinach and feta mixture. Place the stuffed breasts onto a baking sheet and brush them lightly with a bit more oil.
5. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until cooked completely through. Slice the chicken if you wish to display the beautiful color inside and garnish with lemon wedges.